Sunday 22 March 2015

Review ~ He Found Me (He Found Me #1) by Whitney Barbetti

He Found Me (He Found Me, #1)ebook borrowed via Kindle Unlimted

Release Date: May 22nd 2014


Description:

When I was seventeen, I disappeared. I walked out the door of my apartment with a backpack and never looked back. I left the life of Cora Mitchell behind, seeking freedom from my real-life nightmare. But my freedom came with a cost. I lived a fictitious life for the next six years, never letting anyone close enough to see underneath the facade that was Andra Walker. I was content with my simple little life. Until I met Julian. And the moment I started allowing myself to open up, allowing someone to see through the superficial, was the very same moment the Monster from my past would return to find me.


My Opinion

I'm going to keep this review short for two reasons:

1) I want to start book two now rather than write this.
2) I'm torn and can't really put my feelings into words.

Overall I did enjoy this book. It had some moments that made me smile and I loved Andra's wit--especially on the first date. I think the story was interesting and I liked the romantic development, however something just didn't connect totally with me. I'm not sure whether it was the writing style, but I found myself skimming section with long description. That's not to say it's bad, it's just not my preferred style. As well as this I didn't understand fully Andra's past. It wasn't torturing her enough for me to sympathise. It didn't feel developed enough in the emotional sense and then the reveal at the end was kind of predictable.


Anyway I'm of to start book 2 as there was enough intrigue to keep me reading.

3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...