Saturday 8 October 2016

Review ~ Raining Down Rules by B.K. Rivers

Raining Down Rules
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon.

Release Date: Febraury 9th 2016

Publisher: Limitless Publishing LLC

Description:
Jemma Bowers hasn’t kissed anyone in over a thousand days. She knows—she’s counted.

For twenty-year-old Jemma, rules are not meant to be broken…even if she’s the one who created them. Friendships have boundaries, relationships mean trouble, and don’t even get her started on sex. Haunted by the death of her mother and her father’s abandonment, Jemma finds herself hungry for something meaningful and permanent, but is afraid of what may happen if she pursues it.

Jordan Capshaw can’t fight his addiction. Not even if it will cost him his career…

When Jemma finds Jordan drunk and barefoot in the street, she convinces him to get in her car. Aside from the fact he’s the lead singer of her favorite band and pretty much the rock star of her dreams, she quickly realizes his addiction is a monster neither of them can control.

Who knew choosing between a rock star and a fireman could be so difficult?

Emotions run high as Jemma soon finds herself caught between the troubled rock star and her growing affections for Vic Harper, a swoon-worthy firefighter from her past. But when her grandmother passes away, leaving her with no other family, Jemma’s world falls apart.

To save herself from further heartbreak, she risks it all by breaking her own rules, and putting her heart on the line.

After all, the heart just might be the biggest rule breaker of them all.

My Opinion

Well that took a different line to what I was expecting ...

I've had my eye on this book for a while. However, with my crazy tbr pile I couldn't bring myself to buy it as I knew it'd be forever before I got to it. Anyway, when I saw it up free I had to grab it. And now that I have no ARCs for a few months I needed to read it.

Raining Down Rules is well-written and a different story. I'm not going to tell you why it's different, since that will ruin things, but it definitely doesn't follow the usual tropes. I'm still undecided if that's a good thing though. I can't decide which team I'm on.

Anyway, it's a likeable read that held my interest well. I didn't expect to read it in one sitting but I refused to go in out of the sun with the end of summer approaching so this book kept me company.


The characters were in general likeable. I'm still not sure on the plot and the ending. It my be a little flat for my tastes but overall a good read and I'll more than likely check out the next in the series.

3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...