Saturday 22 October 2016

Review ~ Professed by Nicola Rendell

Professed
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon.

Release Date: August 1st 2016

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
At a secret masked ball at Yale, Naomi Costa is literally swept off her stiletto-blistered feet by a man with a killer jawline, a perfect body, and an even-better kiss. They bust out of an emergency exit and have axis-shaking sex. He pours whiskey in her belly button and after they run out of condoms, they have to get creative. That kind of sex.

The next day, she learns that he is none other than Dr. Benjamin Beck, a brand new member of the Yale faculty and the hottest thing to happen to academia since… well, ever. She has to take his damned junior seminar to graduate, but it gets worse. He’s also her College Master: her boss, her advisor, her everything. And he’s just moved in, right downstairs.

They can’t stay away from each other. They're either fusion or fission or both. They’re making out in libraries, hiding notes between stones, and sneaking off to nautically themed AirBnbs. Hear that sound? It’s the academic code of ethics going up in flames.

If they're found out, he’ll lose his job and his reputation. She'll lose her scholarship and be forced to return to the life of lobster fishing that she thought she’d escaped.

And they will be found out, yes they will.

So what the hell are they going to do?

My Opinion

Professed isn't my usual read, but it was free and sounded hot from the teasers I'd seen on Facebook so I decided to give it a chance.

While there were parts that weren't for me, and I'm still not totally convinced by this trope, something about this book kept me reading. When Naomi and Ben were together there was definite chemistry and it was a hot read.


Overall, a good read. I'm not going to say too much as I don't read much of this trope, but I'm glad I took a chance on it.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...