Sunday 23 October 2016

Review ~ Prick Tease (Tangled Desires, #1) by Misti Murphy

Prick Tease (Tangled Desires, #1)
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon.

Release Date: October 21st 2015

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
Claire Hadley shouldn’t even be on my radar.
There are a million damn reasons why I shouldn’t touch her. 

Her brothers are my best friends. We grew up together, under the same roof.

I’m supposed to think of her like a little sister.

I won’t break my loyalty for a f*ck. 

Razer Bennington forgot me when he joined the marines. 
One kiss. Seven years. I can’t get the taste of him out of my mouth. 

I’m meant to be the good girl. A virgin. A role model. 

I’m supposed to live up to their expectations.

Screw that… 

I’m going to get what I want. 

I should be careful what I wish for. 

***
Claire Hadley was about to check the perfect fiancĂ© off her checklist. 
Until she found him underneath a hooker. 
Running home to her brother, she doesn’t expect to be rescued by Razer Bennington. 
Seven years ago he left her behind. 
But she hasn’t forgotten their last night together. Or the kiss they shared. 
Tired of living up to the expectations of others, she throws caution to the wind. 
This time she’ll get what she wants. 
Even if getting what she wants could destroy him.

My Opinion

For a freebie this was okay. I thought it would be right up my street what with a former marine and brother's best friend as the main themes. I was excited to start it as soon as it appeared on my Kindle.

While this was an easy read, I did expect it to be hotter. Personally, I didn't think there was a spark between Razer and Claire. They were okay as a couple, but they lacked chemistry. Maybe I went in expecting too much, I don't know, but that's what let this book down for me. I also don't think the marine side of things wasn't used to its full potential. It was very much just mentioned and left at that.


Overall, it was an okay read to pass the time.

3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...