Sunday 9 October 2016

Review ~ Nineteen (Love by Numbers, #1) by E.S. Carter

Nineteen (Love by Numbers, #1)
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon

Release Date: May 2nd 2015

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
Your life can change in the blink of an eye.
How you adapt to these changes is what defines you.

Jake Fox is an aspiring actor who has found little success.
He is also a typical, cliche, bad boy, who 'loves them and leaves them' without love ever coming into the equation.

Emma Campbell is finding her way in life, struggling with memories from her past, an apathetic mother and the choices ahead of her. Can she keep focused on the light when life keeps surrounding her in darkness?

Polar opposites, will love be the thread that binds them or will circumstances beyond their control, tear them apart?

My Opinion

This was an okay read. I enjoyed the story, I just wish it had been a little shorter so it kept my interest the entire way through.

Like I said, I liked the plot. My issue was that the author has written in dual first person and repeats most scenes from both POV. For example, the characters go to a bar and it's narrated by Jake, the the next chapter goes back in time to when they arrive at the bar again and tells the scene from Emma's POV. Occasionally I don't mind this. However, it happened with most chapters and it made the book drag for me. I will admit I skimmed the repetition and just read the new parts. It felt unnecessary. Considering this books leaves on a cliffhanger too, I felt there could have been more story included without this repetitions.

Saying that, the book did make me read to the end. I liked the characters--especially Liam--and I wanted to know what happened.


Overall a good read. I just wish it had been cut down a bit and flowed better.

3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...