Friday 7 October 2016

Review ~ Somewhere in Between (Madison Square Book 1) by Samatha Harris

Somewhere in Between (Madison Square Book 1)
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon.

Release Date: October 29th 2015

Publisher: Limitless Publishing LLC

Description:
Alexandra McCabe is disconnected from the world, grieving the loss of her parents... Content with studying and keeping to herself, Alex has no interest in the campus playboy, Drew Collins, trying to get close to her. But even dousing him with beer doesn't deter the easy-going charmer, and against her better judgment, the pair falls into a reluctant friendship. Drew is bored with college life, and Alex's romantic rejection intrigues him... Their friendship is good for both of them, but Drew is used to getting what he wants, and he's tired of shallow sorority girls. He's much more interested in the feisty redhead, but despite his growing feelings, Alex keeps him firmly in the friend zone. Old heartaches and new tragedies deepen a complicated relationship... Whatever life throws their way, Alex and Drew remain best friends with their own traditions. Drew is Alex's family, her rock, and Alex keeps Drew grounded, always challenging him to better himself. When years of buried feelings rush to the surface, they threaten to change everything... Drew promised his mother he'd tell Alex how he feels, when the time is right-but how will he know when that is? Alex is terrified to reveal those 'three little words, ' certain Drew doesn't feel the same, and she'll lose the only family she has. Getting what you want might be as easy as being brave enough to ask for it. Should Alex and Drew open their hearts, and risk being crushed? Should they be satisfied with a deep, lifelong friendship? Or does the only chance for happiness lie... Somewhere In Between?

My Opinion

Somewhere in Between surprised me. It held my attention well and was a sweet friends to more romance. Even better, it can be read entirely as a standalone with a HEA--although it makes you want the next.

Alex and Drew were a sweet couple. I felt their friendship was real and I believed in their relationship. I also thought the author did a good job at not making their decisions come across as stupid. Usually when couples keep their feelings from one another there is an air of stupidity and I just want them to get on with things. In Somewhere in Between I understood Drew's reason and accepted them.

Things progressed well and I ended up spending the entire day reading this book. It was cute and sweet. All of the friendships were good in fact and the cast was close knit. The only thing I wasn't too sure about was the ending. The last few chapters felt a little rushed and, although a HEA, it didn't give me the satisfaction I wanted because the pace changed. The rest of the book built beautifully, so it made the ending even more different.


Overall, an enjoyable read. I will definitely be looking out for more.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...