Tuesday 19 May 2015

Review ~ Stronger (Runaway #1) by Lexie Ray

Stronger (Runaway, #1)ebook downloaded for free via Amazon

Release Date: October 10th 2013

Description:
My name is Jasmine and I have HIV.

I was 14 years old the first time my mother’s boyfriend hit me and at the age of 18, I was forced to be a prostitute. Cast away by the same people I thought were family, I was ready to take my own life. Until I met Nate. He didn't run away when I said I was sick. But I wonder why a handsome, funny, Mr. Right like him would love someone like me?

My name is Nate and I have a secret.

I met Jasmine at a crossroads in my life. She was beautiful, desperate, and inspired me in ways I didn't know were possible. She makes me better in everything and I want to help her get better, too. But I have a secret, one she doesn't have to know - until the time is right.

My Opinion

This is a little different from my normal reviews, but it is the most concise way of writing down my thoughts.

- the start wasn't easy to read and I did think I was going to give up at one stage. I thought I was getting a romance and it was taking too long to arrive. When it did, I was disappointed with it.

- there were too many plot strands crammed into a relatively short read. It meant there was little development on each individual strand leading to a choppy writing style. Things weren't developed enough, motives were missing and therefore it was hard to understand why things were happening. It also meant there were a lot of loose ends.

- because there was so much going on I found it hard to connect with the book or characters. There wasn't enough emotion for me. Things happened too quickly, and the whole book needed to be slowed down.

- I didn't buy into the romance. It all moved too quickly and things magically went away when Nate arrived. It wasn't realistic.


Overall it has potential to be a good story. The concept would be interesting and moving, but it needs a lot of work to get there. 

2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...