Monday 4 May 2015

Review ~ Before You Go (Impossible Love, #1) by Clare James

Before You Go (Impossible Love, #1)
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon

Release Date: March 30th 2013

Description:
Paralyzed by the past and terrified of the future, Tabitha Kelly is broken.

After a public sex scandal at her college, Tabby moves to a new city with a new school, convinced she can start over. But she soon realizes the changes are not enough. Tabby must take action to help her heal and move on from the past. 
And though it sounds crazy, she believes a one-night stand is the best way to take back what’s hers. If she can choose where, when, and most importantly, who … maybe she can regain control.
First, she needs a willing participant.

She finds more than that when she meets Noah Adler.

Unfortunately, she can’t go through with it. And when she tries to forget about the plan—and the guy—it becomes impossible.

Noah quickly weaves his way into her new life and her heart. But as he comes dangerously close to discovering her secret, Tabby’s at risk of losing it all.

My Opinion

This was another short, easy read that I downloaded for free. I've been trying to find as many NA romances as possible for myself rather than ones I'm obligated to review and because this is a standalone read it seemed perfect.

Whilst this book did hold my interest and overall I enjoyed it, it wasn't as emotional as I thought it would be. From the way the book started off I was I intrigued. The chapters were short and that meant I kept turning the pages quickly. I wanted to confirm what I assumed had happened to Tabby, and I couldn't wait to see the relationship with Noah develop.

However, I can't help but wish this book engaged with me more. All the piece of a good plot where there, and the characters were set up to be interesting, but I just felt like there was something missing. I didn't really connect with the characters' stories and I found it hard to sympathise. I didn't really feel their pain and everything felt rather blasé or over too quickly. I wanted to care but I didn't.


Overall, for a freebie it's a good read. It did hold my interest and others might connect with it more but I don't think it's convinced me to read the next book. I need more emotion from stories like this.

3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...