Friday 12 December 2014

Review ~ Trouble by Samantha Towle

TroublePaperback purchased by myself

Release Date: November 2013

Description:
Mia Monroe is running. Running from a person she doesn’t ever want to find her. Running from a past she doesn’t ever want anyone to know. Desperate to find a future, that yesterday, she could only dream of having. 

Jordan Matthews likes easy. Easy women. Easy life. 

Then he meets Mia. 

She’s damaged, troubled and has more baggage than any person can carry. But the more Jordan gets to know Mia-for the first time in his life-he finds himself wanting to try hard for something … for someone … for her.

And then life isn’t so easy anymore. 

Jordan is everything Mia shouldn’t want. A whole bunch of dirty hotness, tattooed, cocky bad boy, who made his money at poker tables and picked his women up in bars. Yet, Mia finds herself falling for him. Then the past Mia was running from, quickly starts to catch up with her. Because that’s the problem with running … you have to stop sometime. 

And when you stop, you get caught.


Full length New Adult Contemporary Romance.
Recommended Reading Age 18+

My Opinion

This wasn't an easy read, but it was one that kept me hooked and unable to put it down. Seriously, I had a lot of plans today but all I did was read this book instead.

Trouble was one of those reads that deals with hard hitting subjects such as abuse, violence, and rape. It's also one that doesn't shy away from the detail--so if you don't handle things like that well this isn't the book for you. However, whilst it's not enjoyable to read about domestic violence, it gave the book context and made you symapthise and feel for Mia. You could feel her pain, and therefore when she started to open up you do get this sense of relief.

Similarly, the more she's around Jordan, the more you grow to love him. Yes the plot's predictable in every aspect, but that didn't stop me from reading. I enjoyed this author's casual style of writing and thought both characters, but especially Jordan, were good narrators. I didn't find them annoying at all, but rather they draw you in so that you are routing for them both to move forward not only in their lives but in their relationship. I probably could have read another few chapters if I'm honest, but the ending is satisfying.


The only thing that stopped me rating this a 5 is that I didn't feel as emotionally invested in this book as  have with others in this genre. It was a great read, but there was that spark missing that really pulled on my heartstrings. Saying that though, I'd definitely recommend this, but it isn;t for the faint-hearted.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...