Wednesday 31 December 2014

Review ~ No Regrets (Pace of Love #1) by Heather Allen

No Regrets (No Regrets Series Book 1)ebook downloaded via Amazon for free

Release Date: July 28th 2014

Publisher: Limitless Publishing 

Description:
Greylan Pace has been a fighter his entire life...
He's worked hard to get to the top as a mixed martial arts fighter, and finally his time in the spotlight has come. Everything he's ever wanted is at his fingertips.

Then, one event changed his life forever...
Now Greylan finds himself back on top, going to battle in the biggest fight of his life. But he soon learns that what he's strived for means nothing in comparison to his fight to keep his sister, his best friend Christina, and Mollie Andrews, the girl he can't stop thinking about.

He fights with everything he's got to keep his focus on his goal, but for the first time ever, he's afraid he might lose.

My Opinion

This book started off well. The event of Greylan going to jail and the situation that put him there was intriguing. Similarly how he started dealing with things when he got out made for an interesting set up. However, unfortunately things didn't get better than the first few chapters.

I was expecting an MMA romance from this book, but there was literally no romance involved. There's a girl Grey can't keep his mind off and that's about it. I kept reading hoping that something was going to happen between him and at least one of the girls in the book, but it just dragged on and on with little development. I found myself skimming a lot because the writing and events were repetitive and didn't seem to go anywhere.

There was a lot of MMA fighting, however fights do become samey when there's no emotional attachment to the characters. And in No Regrets I just didn't feel anything for them. Greylan was okay but the rest of the characters are never featured enough to gain a connection. There's also the problem that story lines are only developed right at the end making for a rushed ending after a badly paced book.

I will say that things pick up at the end. But for me it's not enough to convince me to read on. The 5% at the end should have come into play a lot sooner, in my opinion, to make for a more interesting story. For me it made the rest of the book seem even slower and irrelevant because it was so long and dragged out.

Overall, I had high hopes for this book but it just didn't deliver. I've read a lot of MMA books this year and unfortunately it didn't compare to them. It's a slow read, but it has potential to be interesting if the pacing is sorted out. Just be warned there is no romance.

2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...