Sunday 29 June 2014

Review ~ Deceived - Part 1 New York (Deceived #1) by Eve Carter

Deceived - Part 1 New York (Deceived, #1)ebook downloaded for free from Amazon

Release Date: 13th November 2014

Description:
The steamy first installment of the Deceived romance series by Eve Carter.

When Chloe Swanson, an innocent mid-western college graduate, lands her dream job in New York City, she doesn't realize what kind of a ride she's in for. 
It doesn't take long before her boss, the charming and sharp businessman Patrick Collins, deceives her into being part of his plan to land the biggest account of his life.

However, he never expected that he would fall for her. Suddenly, he finds himself trapped between a ruthless billionaire client, who has her own eyes set on Patrick, and his deep affection for the beautiful Chloe.

What follows is a sensual and passionate journey of self-discovery, as Chloe faces the harsh reality of jealousy, love and money in the big city.

My Opinion

I liked how this novella started as it seemed to hold promise. Things moved at a fast place and there were some hot scenes. However, I found my attention waning towards the end as the characters didn't connect with me that well. It was okay for a freebie but I'm not sure I'll read more yet as the writing did need a bit of work on the editing side.



3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...