Sunday 22 June 2014

Review ~ The Summer I Gave Up Boys by Kassandra Kush

The Summer I Gave Up Boysebook downloaded from Amazon for free

Release Date: 2nd September 2013

Description:
A summer love novella 

Kaliyah Simon just broke up with her cheating boyfriend, and now that summer break is here, all she wants is a quiet, boy-free summer. To focus on work, reading, and her tan. But then she meets up with her old high school nemesis, Isaiah Winters, on the way home, and he seems more interested in being friends than enemies. Can Kaliyah lower her walls and get over seven years of pushing Isaiah away and find out what it would be like to actually be with him? 

With her best friend going boy-crazy, a twenty-first birthday looming on the horizon, Isaiah continually showing up on her doorstep, and an ex that seems to want her back, Kaliyah’s summer promises to be anything but quiet.

My Opinion

This was an OK read. It was quick and easy and had a few good points but it felt like it needed a bit more work for me. I felt the book seemed to repeated things over and over which was even more obvious because of it's short length and I ended up skimming. I also didn't like the main character, Kaliyah. She was strong and the banter between her and Isaiah was good but when that wasn't taking place I found her to be really angry. I know her situation wasn't the best in the world but she seemed to lose her cool at the flick of a switch so I didn't really like her. As well as this she caved to Isaiah really easily which made everything pretty predictable and didn't give me time to enjoy the build up.

Overall it was an easy read but I did come a way feeling it was just OK.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...