Monday 20 April 2015

Review ~ Finding Olivia (Trace + Olivia #1) by Micalea Smeltzer

Finding Olivia (Trace + Olivia, #1)Paperback purchased by myself

Release Date: August 27th 2013

Description:
How far would you go to find yourself?

That’s the question that’s been haunting Olivia Owens for years.

All Olivia has ever wanted to do is live and make mistakes, but her preacher father has made that impossible. She believes that her years at college will be her ticket into the real world and her chance to be wild and spontaneous.

But she’s never been able to do it on her own.

At the start of her sophomore year, she only has four things crossed off her Live List, but that’s all about to change thanks to a chance encounter with Trace Wentworth. She’s about to learn that there’s more to this reformed bad boy than just his looks and panty dropping smile.

Trace can’t explain what it is that draws him to Olivia.

All he knows is that he wants to get to know the girl with the sad smile but sparkle in her eyes.

When she tells him about her list, he knows that this is his chance to get to know Olivia Owens. Trace is determined to show Olivia that she can do all the things she’s ever wanted to do. So, he begins to help her cross things off her list, even the more outlandish requests.

What happens along the way is more than what Olivia or Trace ever expected.

Love, laughs, and a list.

That’s the name of the game when you’re Finding Olivia.


*New Adult Contemporary Romance intended for readers 18+.*

My Opinion

It's taken me awhile to get to this book. The size of the paperback put me off. Every time I came to read it I was tired and holding it killed my arms. Anyway, finally I picked it up.

This was a sweet story about a girl learning to live. Olivia was an easy character to relate to and her emotions were believable. She had qualities that I could understand well and for that she was a likeable character. I enjoyed the fact that she'd already broken free and was moving on with her life.

Similarly Trace was a nice contrasting character. His flirty personality had me smiling and I liked how he not only teased Olivia but also brought her out of her shell and helped her to live. He was a genuine guy and whilst I thought his back story may have been slightly underdeveloped there was enough to feel for him.

This book was a long read. I do feel it could have been shortened and tightened somewhat with some of the description and over explanation of every speaking line. However it managed to keep me hooked.

The only other thing that got on my nerves slightly was the over use of exclamation marks. Some of the characters felt a bit young and the over exaggeration only made them seem younger.


Overall though this was an enjoyable read and I'll most probably read more.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...