Tuesday 21 April 2015

Review ~ Chasing Olivia (Trace + Olivia #2) by Micalea Smeltzer

Chasing Olivia (Trace + Olivia, #2)
ebook purchased by myself.

Release Date: December 2013

Description:
How far would you go to reignite the spark you once had?

Two years later, Trace and Olivia are as much in love as they’ve always been. But the spark they once had for life is waning and Trace is determined that they find it again. His solution? A road trip. But he doesn’t tell Olivia the real reason they’re heading north. 

Olivia is happy to go on a road trip and have more adventures with Trace. Besides, she needs a distraction from the soap opera her life has become. With college over, this is the perfect opportunity to chase down the carefree girl she once was. 

But life isn’t a fairytale and you can only escape reality for so long. 

Love, laughs, and a hidden agenda.

That’s the name of the game when you’re Chasing Olivia.

(This book finishes Trace and Olivia's story. Book 1 is titled Finding Olivia)

My Opinion

This book has drawn mixed emotions from me. I bought it because I liked and wanted more from the characters. Even though Finding Olivia gives a HEA and could be read as a standalone I liked the playfulness of the book and needed something to make me smile.

Although Chasing Olivia did this, I didn't fall in love with it as much as book 1. I didn't feel there was as much of a story or growth. It was an easy read and had its moments, but I thought there wasn't much plot to it. Things were a little slow for me and things kind of got samey. There was also too much sex.


Overall though, it was an easy read and it was nice to revisit the character. The first book is definitely better, but I look forward to reading Trent's story.

3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...