Tuesday 7 April 2015

Review ~ Wreck Me (Nova #4) by Jessica Sorensen

Wreck Me (Nova, #4)
ebook borrowed via Kindle Unlimited 

Release Date: October 22nd 2014

Description:
When Avery Hensley met Conner Wellings, she thought she’d found the guy she was going to spend the rest of her life with. She got married young and had the most beautiful son in the world. 

Life seemed perfect. 

But not everything is what it seems. 

Turned out Conner had another side to him, a darker side that Avery didn’t see coming. He wrecked and broke her into a thousand pieces, leaving Avery to put herself back together. From then on, Avery vows never to let a man into her life again. 

But then she meets Tristan Morganson. He’s sweet and sexy and wrecks Avery in a different way than Conner did, the kind of way that makes her feel alive again, the kind of way that makes her think maybe not all guys are bad. But can Avery trust him enough to let her walls come crumbling down?

*Can be read as a Standalone*

My Opinion

This was an interesting read. I've never read anything by this author before but I saw it on Kindle Unlimited so thought I'd give it a go. In fact I'm so glad I did. Even with the length of this book (468 pages) I read it in one sitting and was unable to put it down.

The main thing I liked about this book was the pacing. The author took time to develop her characters and the bond between Tristan and Avery. It was a slow romance whereby the characters learnt to trust in one another and I felt their growth was believable. They held things back so there weren't large info dumps and the chapters written five years earlier helped give important background info without becoming boring.

Moreover, both characters had their problems, but they helped each other through. I fell in love with Tristan and his flirty side, but he was also caring and a good guy despite his past.

The author also did a good job with characters motives. I could understand everything they did and it felt true, which is rare for me. Because of the pacing I never felt frustrated and the plot was engaging enough to cope with everything.

Whilst this isn't an easy read. Because it deals with the subject of physical and alcohol/drug abuse, it is a touching and moving. I felt for the characters and all around it was an endearing read where you wanted the best for the characters as they moved on.


Overall, I fell in love with this book. I didn't think of like it as much as I did but I'll definitely be picking up this authors other work.


5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...