Wednesday 17 September 2014

Review ~ Elicit (Eagle Elite #4) by Rachel Van Dyken

Elicit (Eagle Elite, #4)ebook purchased by myself.

Release Date: August 11th 2014

Description:
Cursed, numb, rejected, scorned, wicked, sinister, dark, twisted...my name is Tex Campisi and this is my legacy. I killed my father in cold blood and lost my soul right along with him. 
I crave war more than peace, and I'm about to take my place in history as the youngest Capo dei Capi in the Cosa Nostra...that is until someone stops me, saves me from myself. 

But the only person able to do that...is my best friends sister, Mo Abandanato, and she just ripped my heart out and asked me to hold it in my hands while she put bullets through it. 

Im cursed so I did it. 
I'm numb so I held it. 
I'm wicked so I liked it.
I used the pain Mo caused as a catalyst to turn into my biggest nightmare--the five families greatest enemy. It's my turn to take a stand, knowing full well I'm going to lose my mind to the madness that is the American Mafia. I've always been told Blood is thicker than life. I wish I would have listened. Because regardless of who you love? You will betray. You will kill.
Blood Always Wins. 
The only way out is death...yours.

Welcome to the Dark Side of the Family.

My Opinion

I'm going to keep this review short than usual because I don't want to give anything away. If you haven't read the other books in the series you should read them before starting Elicit.

All I can say is WOW!! This is the best book in the series so far. It kept me guessing the whole way through and I hardly figured out anything. I loved how the author used the mixed POV to create the tension and suspicion and this book had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. 

If you have read the others books, this one definitely won't disappoint. It has all of the characters still, which I think is great and it not only develops Tex's story, but drops little pieces of information about other character too. I found it to be a lot darker than the previous books, with even more violence and threats--great!

I'm not going to saying anything else, especially about the plot, you'll just have to read this book to find out what happens. And I highly suggest reading them! Now back to work for me as I've run out of books in this series to use as an excuse.

5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...