Sunday 28 June 2015

Review ~ Undersold (City's Secrets #1) by B.B. Hamel

Undersold (City's Secrets #1)ebook downloaded for free via Amazon.

Release Date: February 11th 2015

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
I can barely keep myself under control when the boss is around. I can’t imagine what the office might think . . .

My life is crumbling all around me. My dad is dying of cancer, my job barely pays the bills, and I have crushing student loans hanging over everything.

But things change when I meet a mysterious man online. He’s sexy as hell, passionate, and ripped in all the right places. I can’t take my eyes off the dirty texts and pictures he sends me.

It turns out that my mystery date is notorious reclusive billionaire Shane Green, and he’s planning on buying a smartphone app that I wrote myself. Now I’m stuck working for the man who looks at me like he wants to tear my clothes off every day. He’s controlling and incredibly private, and he loves pushing my buttons with that cocky grin.

There are new rules, rules which threaten everything around me. I need to figure out how to deal with my overwhelming desire for my new boss or else risk giving him more than I bargained for.

My Opinion

This was an easy, enjoyable read. It had a simple story that wasn't taxing at all and therefore was great to chill out with during the evening.

Undersold is basically the typical billionaire boss romance where Amy falls for Shane. There are a few twists and secrets revealed that make it slightly different, but generally it followed the standard road. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's what I was looking for.

Anyway, I did feel there could have been a bit more character development. I knew they were all hiding things but everything comes out in the last few pages. For something built up over the entire book it felt a little anti-climactic. Saying that, I did engage with the characters. I would have liked to hear more of Shane's 'dirty talk' as I was told about it a lot but never got to witness it. It all comes down to they needed developing a tiny bit more.

As for the story, it kept me hooked. I wanted to keep reading and know what was going to happen. It's one of those easy romances that's just a nice relaxing read.


Overall a good read, and it was free! I'm not sure if I'll read more, but I'd recommend it. You can't really go wrong with the price.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...