Wednesday 10 June 2015

Review ~ Single, Volume 1 (Single #1) by Lyra Parish

Single, Volume 1 (Single, #1)ebook downloaded for free via Amazon

Release Date: January 4th 2015

Pages: 90

Description:
After failing miserably at love, Roxane VanBuren swears off men but not before her determined best friend shows her all the advantages of being single. After a wild weekend full of sex, old-flames, and secrets, Roxane is desperate to forget it ever happened. But she learns it isn't that easy.

Since becoming the President of VanBuren Investments, she knows how important it is for her professional and personal life to remain separate from one another. If the two were to mix, the rumors could possibly ruin her reputation, which is bad for her and bad for business. To avoid that, Roxane allows rules to define and guide her every move. Unfortunately for her, Parker Williams is determined to break them all, one at a time.

My Opinion

Meh ... that's all I'm feeling after finishing this. It was okay, but didn't really excite me enough to want to continue with the serial. It took too long for things to get interesting and then just as they do it cuts off. I found most of the chapters irrelevant. Until the party, I didn't see the point in them or the characters. What was Jake's purpose? He didn't add anything and made the plot drag out. It was obvious what was going on with Parker and Roxanne so I just wanted that plot to develop quicker.

Overall I really don't see the need for it to be broken up, but that's the author's choice. It was an okay read, but it hasn't made me fall in love with it enough to spend money on the next 2 instalments. I may have borrowed them if they were in KU, but sadly they're not.

2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...