Monday 8 June 2015

Review ~ Teaching The Boss (Billionaires in the City, #1) by Mallory Crowe

Teaching The Boss (Billionaires in the City, #1)
ebook downloaded from Amazon for free.

Release Date: March 11th 2015

Description:
Business-school student April Morgan is ready to graduate--from school, from the secretary pool, and from never-gonna-happen fantasies involving Sam Hunt, her hunky billionaire boss. But when Sam’s girlfriend of the week pushes her too far, April finds herself quitting on the spot with only a mountain of student loan debt to keep her company. In steps Sam’s worst enemy, his father, with a job offer she can't refuse. 

Sam was born into privilege, but refused to live life with a silver spoon in his mouth. After a decade of hard work, he’s on the verge of taking his business public and proving to his tyrannical family that he can make it without their help. When he finds out that April is working for his father, he knows she’s been turned into a pawn in his father’s twisted games. 

Despite Sam’s warnings, April is determined to prove she doesn’t need him to make in New York City. But when she finds documents that could lead to Sam losing everything he’s worked for, April realizes that she and Sam have to work together to save the empire they’ve both worked to build.

My Opinion

Originally I passed over this title when I saw it on NetGalley. However, when I was intrigued by the sequel's blurb and I saw this on Amazon for free I thought it was worth a shot without the obligation to review it.

In general this was an enjoyable read. I was glad I picked it up and it surprised me by how well it hooked me. I didn't expect for it to hold my attention so well, but I found it a hard book to put down. There was plenty going on to keep me engaged and I thought thing were paced well.

Moreover I think I liked the character. Whilst I don't think I connected with them completely I was invested in their story. I wanted to know what was going to happen. I thought April was a strong character. I preferred her to Sam, who for a stubborn CEO seemed a bit wet with his personality. I'm glad she wasn't afraid to stand up to him and tell it like it was.

My only issue was there were a few continuity errors (eg such as with the mole). It had me jumping back in the book doubting my memory. Also I was left with some questions. They were only minor plot strand, but I feel if an author introduces the idea they should tie it up in the end.


Overall this was a surprising read. I'm glad the sequel caught my eye so I have this one a chance and I'll be reviewing book 2 soon.

3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...