Monday 10 June 2013

Review ~ If I should Die (Revenants #3) - Amy Plum

If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)Paperback purchased by myself

Published: May 1st 2013 by Atom

ISBN: 
1907411046

Description


I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn't be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we've already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying - to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others - so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?

This is the final book in a series. I haven't included as much detail in the review due to the fact I didn't want to include spoilers.

My Opinion 

After the impossible cliff hanger the second book in the series left me on I couldn't believe I was going to have to wait a year to get my hands on this book. To make matter worse it was released during the middle of my exams so only now have I found a chance to read it as I didn't want to break the story up but rather read it the whole way through, due to it being a final installment.

I'm always nervous starting the final book in a series and besides having to force myself not to flick to the end to find out if everything will be OK, I worry the author won't do the series justice. However I should have guessed from Amy Plum's previous writing style that she would resolve everything well with no loose ends so that the reader feels satisfied and happy. For once I thought a series came to a natural resolve and conclusion without being stretched out or forced.

I wasn't sure how the author was going to fit all the detail into one final book but the answer is simple. It is action packed with never a dull moment! It kept me turning the pages from start to finish and I was hooked throughout the entire novel. The story moves at a fast pace and although it just touched on a few bits I would have liked more detail on (Kate's friends) there was enough so as not to confuse and keep your understanding and interest. 

As well as this it brought on many emotions from me, sad, happy, laughter I went through them all at certain parts of the story and I couldn't tear myself away from the engaging and believable characters. I like how Kate came into her own in this book due to Vincent's absence and although I did predict some of the twists a lot earlier than they were revealed it didn't stop me enjoying the rest of the book as when I got to it, it was not only better than expected but Plum's writing describes everything beautifully to hook the reader's imaginations and draw them into the spectacular world she has created. 

Overall I would highly recommend this series to everyone who loves romance, Parisian settings, the paranormal or YA. Amy's writing is beautiful to read like the worlds she creates are enthralling and exciting. The characters will take you on an emotional journey and you grow to love the whole revenant family. This final book resolved everything brilliantly and I was left satisfied with the ending that although leaves it open for another book seems final enough if there never is.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...