Thursday 23 November 2017

Review ~ Black Roses (The Mitchell Sisters, #3) by Samantha Christy

Black Roses (The Mitchell Sisters, #3)Black Roses by Samantha Christy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a touching and moving read. I have never heard of this author before so I didn't know what to expect, but I saw this book on my BookBub email and its blurb caught my eye.

Black Roses was, like I said, a touching read about Piper trying to heal herself after everything she's been through. I thought the author created a well-developed and well-structured story that held my attention from the first page to the last. Piper's journey is a moving one as she breaks in front of the reader's eyes. Her story is tough, but I think the author dealt with the issues well.

As for the romance, I liked the characters. I thought Mason and Piper worked well together and I especially loved the fiery meeting. The relationship was well paced and I felt it evolved naturally. I wouldn't say there were sparks because of the nature of Piper's past. However, there was a connection between them of love and tenderness. I felt their emotions for each other and thought they were two well-rounded characters.

Overall I thought this was a great read. I'd definitely recommend it and will more than likely read the previous books in the series to find out about the other Mitchell sisters.

4

*Copy downloaded via Amazon for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...