Friday 24 November 2017

Review ~ Heir Untamed (Latvala Royals, #1) by Danielle Bourdon

Heir Untamed (Latvala Royals, #1)Heir Untamed by Danielle Bourdon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

To be honest it was the cover that caught my attention with this book. It came through on my BookBub email and after reading the blurb I had to check it out.

Heir Untamed held my interest. I liked the overall idea behind the book and there was one twist I didn't see coming. However, for me , the chemistry wasn't quite there and the plot lacked in execution. While it intrigued me, I didn't feel it came to fruition in a satisfying way. The suspense element was resolved too quickly and kind of fizzled out. From then on I was just reading to the end. Personally, I would have liked more information, more build up of motives, and more involvement. The little hints didn't seem to reflect the culprit.

Saying that, I still liked the idea behind the book and I'm intrigued to see if the two leading characters can sustain a relationship with all of the pressures so might read book 2.

Moreover, despite this book being part of a 7 book series, it doesn't leave on a major cliff hanger, which I'm glad about. There was a small amount of resolve that ties this section of the characters' stories up so that book 2 can be the story of a new phase in their relationship--or so in assuming.

Overall, this held my attention and I'm curious to see where the author takes it.

*Ebook downloaded for free via Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...