Monday 27 November 2017

Review ~ Harley (West Coast Rock Star, #1) by Michelle Jo Quinn

Harley (West Coast Rock Star, #1)Harley by Michelle Jo Quinn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Actual rating 3.5

I've been dying to read this since I saw the cover when it was released. However, with my out of control tbr pile I could never find the time to buy it since it would have sat on my kindle unread. However, I happened to come across it on a free day on Amazon and couldn't resist downloading it. It renewed my interest in the book and I had to make time for it.

Harley is a mixed bag of emotions for me. On one had I enjoyed it. For the most part it was a sweet read with a little romance thrown in. It did hold my interest, but on the other hand I wanted to like it more than I did after waiting so long to read it. That's not to say I didn't like and enjoy it, it just didn't live up to my hope.

The main reason for this is that it felt underdeveloped. There are a lot of plot strands in this book, yet they never seemed to flow and merge. They also didn't seem fully fleshed out. For example there's Cade and Jax's relationship, the situation with Fiona, the issues Cade has with her job and more. Individually they all had the potential to be intriguing plot threads. However, it felt like altogether they were never really expanded upon or brought into the same book. It felt a bit disjointed whereby the book skipped from one idea to another randomly.

The other reason was things fizzled out in the end. This book started strong but because of the issue above it fell apart at the end.

Overall though, I did enjoy this book. I think it has more potential and could be a great read but as it stands now it's only a good read.

*Ebook downloaded for free via Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...