Saturday 30 April 2016

Review ~ Not The One (Lost in London #1) by Amy Daws

Not The One
ebook purchased by myself.

Release Date: December 7th 2015

Publisher: Self-published 

Description:
My name is Reyna Miracle. Even though a part of my name is Miracle, there’s nothing miraculous about me. My body portrays the tales of my life. Every feeling, every heartbreak, every emotion. Marked. Inked. Stained. A walking canvas of my messed up truth. But there’s one confession I can’t put in a tattoo. A confession that will kill me to tell, but my best friend died before I had the chance. Now I’m left with him. The only one who can hold me in the night and squeeze that spot on my neck that feels like my lifeline between sanity and chaos. But we don’t work together. We’re absolute poison for each other. We’re a stifling, suffocating, sickness of darkness. But I feel safe...because I’ve made an art of pushing people away. Now he’s pushing back… And making me believe... Making me wonder... Maybe, just maybe... I could be the one.

My Opinion

This was an okay read. It held my interest, but I found it a struggle to engage with the character's story a bit too much. I didn't quite understand Reyna's reasons behind pushing everyone away and thinking the things she did. Saying that, it still kept me engaged.

3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...