Tuesday 6 May 2014

Review ~ Four Kisses by Bonnie Dee

Four Kissesebook downloaded from Amazon for free

Release Date: 1st October 2011

Description:
Unforgettable moments shape a romance that could last a lifetime.

Jen Adams’s first kiss didn’t happen the way she’d expected. On a steamy summer’s day, a shared moment with a boy who runs with a bad crowd leaves an indelible impression on a thirteen year old girl. But that’s only the first time Jen and Drake Malinson’s paths cross in an unforeseen way.

The night of junior prom Jen bumps into an older, sexier and even wilder Drake. He distracts and mesmerizes her, turning a disastrous evening into one she’ll always remember.

When they meet again as adults under stranger circumstances, Jen tries to ignore old memories. Were her insights into Drake real or had his kisses seduced her into believing he was deeper than he was. Can straight-arrow Jen and aimless Drake change enough to find common ground?

Four vignettes illustrate a relationship that spans years. A 20,000 word novella.

My Opinion

This novella had an unusual approach to romance in that it spanned years and was only written in four scene. The first is when the characters are 14 and the last is when they are grown up. The idea was that there was a kiss in each scene and a relationship built slowly and although I liked the idea behind it, I just didn't think it worked in such a small amount of pages. Novellas are hard to get right when the story flows so that you feel something for the characters but to break it up like this, well I just didn't feel anything or care and to me the kisses hardly equated to a relationship. I couldn't really see how they would have built up to one either what with being so far apart. Maybe if there was more description after this kisses it would have changed my opinion but at the moment each scene cuts off as soon as the couple kiss. 

I think this idea would have worked better in a full length novel and the characters had prospect, with some interesting back stories that could be created. It's just at the moment, there wasn't enough for me to connect with.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...