Sunday 27 September 2015

Review ~ A Stone in the Sea (Bleeding Stars, #1) by A.L. Jackson

A Stone in the Sea (Bleeding Stars, #1)
ebook purchased by myself.

Release Date: February 23rd 2015

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
He wanted nothing at all…

Until he found she had everything to give…

Sunder lead singer and guitarist Sebastian Stone has everything—fans, fame, and fortune. He also has a heart full of bitterness and a reputation for a short-fused temper. But an outward reputation rarely reveals the true man inside. Facing assault charges after trying to protect his younger brother, Sebastian is sent to Savannah, Georgia to lie low until the dust settles in L.A.

Shea Bentley is beautiful, kind, and hiding from the very lifestyle Sebastian has always embraced.

When the mysterious, tattooed stranger begins hanging out at the bar where she works, Shea is quick to recognize he is nothing but trouble, but she's helpless to the way her body lights up every time his intense gray eyes tangle with hers.

They both soon find themselves drowning in a sea of desire and passion that won’t let them up for air.

Sebastian knows firsthand secrets never die, and he’s not the only one who’s hiding them.

Loving someone always comes with a price. But will it be Shea’s past that costs them everything?

My Opinion

It was book 2 that drew me to this duet, and when I saw them on offer I couldn't resist. I didn't expect to read both books in a day and a half, but that's what I ended up doing. I couldn't even stop to write a review in between.

A Stone in the Sea started off a little slow. In the beginning I wasn't sure I was even going to get to book 2. However, it turned things around and the ending had me starting on Drowning to Breathe immediately. If there's one thing I'd say about this read it's you'll need book two immediately because of the cliffhanger. I'm definitely glad I waited for the release day to buy both.

The characters, like the story, grew on me. I slowly grew to feel for them and engage with them. I adored Kallie and the way she wrapped everyone around her little finger.

Although the story was a bit repetitive the ending made up for this and book two improved the story even more. Overall it was a good read. I will say I preferred book 2 more but you can't read that without this one.


4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...