Monday 28 September 2015

Review ~ Drowning to Breathe (Bleeding Stars, #2) by A.L. Jackson

Drowning to Breathe (Bleeding Stars, #2)
ebook purchased by myself.

Release Date: September 15th 2015

Publisher: Self-published

Description:

The danger in pretending is it becoming real...

Sebastian Stone, Sunder front man and guitarist with a rap sheet about ten miles long, escaped to Savannah, Georgia, to get away from the trouble he’d caused.

Not find more of it.

The moment he saw Shea Bentley, he saw beneath all her sweet and innocence to something that went deeper.

Darker.

Their relationship was built on secrets; their love built on lies.

Sebastian never imagined how deep her secrets went.

When the past and present collide, Sebastian and Shea find themselves fighting for a future neither believed they deserved. Their passion is consuming and their need unending.

Now, holding the truth in his hands, Sebastian is faced with sacrificing everything he’s come to love to protect Shea and his family.

Two pasts intertwined.

Two lives bound.

Will their demons drown them or will Shea and Sebastian finally learn to breathe?

My Opinion

Like I stated in my review of book 1, I started Drowning to Breathe the second I finished A Stone in the Sea. I'm glad I waited to buy both of these books together because the cliffhanger was cruel. However, I thought this book was definitely better than book 1.

For me, this book was better paced. I felt the emotions more, and there was more going on in it. The storyline was varied and interesting so I couldn't put it down. I should have a bone to pick with this author since I missed out on a whole day's work, but I can't really be mad because I enjoyed the time spent reading this.

I loved Baz's protective instincts. Yeah, he was a bit on the angry side, but I felt his affection and desire to make sure no harm came to either of his girls. I especially liked how he accepted Kallie and treated her.

The only drawback which has cause me to knock my rating down slightly was the ending. Although all loose ends were tied up it felt like I was told everything in a few pages. It didn't give me the closure I would have liked since it was so abrupt.

Overall though I preferred it to book 1. This duet was two books I couldn't put down.


4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...