Sunday 20 September 2015

Review ~ Rough (Chicago Underground #1) by Skye Warren

Rough (Chicago Underground, #1)ebook downloaded for free via Amazon

Release Date: May 24th 2015

Publisher: Self-published

Description:

I'm a cautionary tale. A statistic. A victim. A single teenage mother from the poor part of town. Most of the time I'm too busy working and struggling to care what people think. Survival doesn't come easy.

I have a dark secret, a pressure valve, a rare moment just for myself. On these nights I visit a club. There I find men who give me what I need. Men who aren't afraid to take what they want.

Men like Colin.

But he takes more than a few stolen hours. He demands more than my body. He wants my heart and soul--my happily ever after. I never thought I'd be Cinderella. I never thought a man that rough could be my prince.

My Opinion

Rough was an all right read. It was quick and to the point, yet I never really understood it properly. I wanted to, but a disconnect with the characters had me unable to figure them out.

It wasn't all bad. It set up an interesting story and the writing was good. However, it's short and ends very suddenly. Even if books are part of a series I like there to be a satisfying, natural end point and this felt like the author had just stopped writing.

As for Allie, I just didn't get her. A lot of the time I didn't understand her thoughts and she was a bit depressing. For someone who doesn't trust men she sure moved quick with Colin too. I just didn't buy into it all.

Overall it was all right. I'd be interested in the next one but I'm not sure I'm interested enough to buy it as this looks like a long serial.


3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...