Friday 27 February 2015

Review ~ Slammed (Slammed #1) by Skyla Madi

Slammed (Slammed, #1)Paperback purchased by myself

Release Date: December 2nd 2014

Publisher: Limitless Publishing LLC

Description:
Once upon a time, Selena Graham met a boy named Jackson Quinn… 
This isn’t your typical fairytale, no. This one is twisted and the role of prince charming is filled by one man too set in his ways, haunted by the demons of his past. 

Jackson wants to live his life free of the tribulations the woman in his past put him through and nothing makes you appreciate what you have quite like the reappearance of someone you thought was long gone.

Selena knows he’s too much for her, but he’s the only person besides her best friend who accepts her for who she really is—out of control and desperate for attention. She knows she deserves more, but how can she quit the one thing that makes her feel accepted?

While both struggle to find balance, can Jackson keep his past where it belongs? Can Selena hold on long enough for Jackson to realize what’s good for him? And can he relinquish control and finally let love take over?

My Opinion

Being a fan of the Consumed series I was excited to see Jackson get his own book. He was always a character that intrigued me, and Slammed answers some of the questions raised in the series.

I thought this was a good spin-off/addition. The author did a good job of not making it too repetitive or filled with scenes you've already read. Things moved at a fast pace and engaged me the whole way through. It was great to learn about Jackson's past and why he acted the way he did in the Consumed series. It was also nice to get inside his head.


This book did feel like a major prologue, setting up a bigger story for the next book. And it was a little on the short side but I'll definitely read the next when it's released as I love the characters.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...