Sunday 1 February 2015

Review ~ Redeemed (House of Night #12) by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast

Redeemed (House of Night, #12)Paperback purchased by myself.

Release Date: October 14th 2014

Publisher: Atom Books

Description:
In the final electrifying novel in the HoN series, Neferet has finally made herself known to mortals. A Dark Goddess is loose on Tulsa and the world. No single vampyre is strong enough to vanquish her - unless that creature has the power to summon the elements as well as the ability to wield Old Magick. Only Zoey Redbird is heir to such power…but because of the consequences of using Old Magick, she is unable to help. Find out who will win and who will lose in this epic battle of Light versus Darkness.




My Opinion

Thank God this series is over!! When I first started HON I loved it. The first four books were great. However, it soon became more about padding than plot and I found myself only buying the next book with the hope it was the conclusion. Well... it turns out I ended up waiting 8 books and for that reason I'm not going to write a long review as I've waste too much of my life already on this series. Seriously I think it was 2007 I started it.

Anyway, I should have given up a long time ago. Yet when the next book released I felt I'd invested so much time and money in them that I should at least find out how it all ends.

Well, it turns out I should have gone with my gut and stopped at book 5. When you can read a book and skim at least half of it (and miss out chapters entirely) without getting lost, you know there has to be hardly any story. I feel this whole series has been dragged out way too long and this final book even more so. The fact that the ending was so anticlimactic and over in seconds only annoyed me more. It definitely wasn't worth the wait!

Overall this series started off well but carried on too long. I didn't really want to read this book, but I needed to know how it all ended, even if it was a major disappointment. Thankfully I can finally stop spending money on these books!


1

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...