Monday 14 July 2014

Review ~ Before (Bombshells 0.5) by Nicola Marsh

Before (Bombshells, #0.5)ebook downloaded for free from Amazon

Release Date: December 16th 2013

Description:
Good girls finish last? Screw that.

Being a small town girl isn’t so bad. Unless Mom’s the town joke and I’ve spent my entire life shying away from her flamboyance. College in Las Vegas should be so much cooler. But it’s not. Bad things happen. Real bad.

So when my brother Reid offers me an all-expenses paid vacation to Australia for a month, I am so there. Discounting the deadly snakes on the outback cattle station, I should be safe. 
Until I meet Jack.

Jack defines bad boy and then some. He’s big, buffed, bronzed, and hotter than any guy I’ve ever met. His sexy Aussie accent makes me melt. And the guy can cook.

But he’s my brother’s new bestie and he lives on the other side of the world. There’s no future for us.
Is there?

My Opinion

This was a fun, flirty read that kept a smile on my face for the most part. I loved the banter and chemistry between the characters, it felt real and believable. I also liked the Australian setting which was slightly different to what I usually read. However, I did feel let down by the ending. I kept waiting for the HAE only to find the it never arrives in this book and you have to buy the next one to see if it does. Although I'd like to see what happens to Jess and Jack, I can't bring myself to pay for books that are so short and over within an hour. I know this is only a prequel, but the first book says it's only 134 (which is less than this one) pages so I'm not sure whether I'll bother yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...