Saturday 29 March 2014

Review ~ Reaching the Edge (Edge #2.5) by Jennifer Comeaux

Reaching the Edge (Edge, #2.5)


ebook downloaded for free on Amazon


Description:
Emily has waited over two years to give herself to Sergei. She couldn’t have asked for a more patient man. Now they’ve finally reached their wedding night, and after all Sergei’s patience and understanding, Emily wants to be everything for him. How will their first night together compare to their dreams?

This is a 3500-word short story that contains mature content not suitable for younger readers. It is part of the EDGE series, but it's not necessary to read Life on the Edge or Edge of the Past first to enjoy this story.




My Opinion

For a short story it was surprisingly well written. Focused only on one aspect (I'm guessing between books), it was intriguing and I didn't want it to stop. The writing flowed well and the emotions felt real. I don't normally find myself getting lost in books this length but I did with this, it was like I was in a bubble. The only negative is I've never associate Adagio for Strings with romance, so it broke the spell slightly reading that as all I could think of was the Platoon movie--not what you want in this kind of book...

I'm intrigued to read the other books though to get the characters' backgrounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...