Monday 24 March 2014

Review ~ Fighting for Love (Second Chances #4) by L.P. Dover

Fighting for Love (Second Chances, #4)ebook purchased by myself

Release Date: 9th March 2014

Description:
Fighting for someone’s heart is more challenging than fighting for a title.

For a time, many years ago, love had grown, love was made, and in the end … love was lost. The decision to leave had been the worst mistake Shelby Dawson could have ever made. However, at the time—ten years ago—she felt her secret needed to stay hidden, even if it broke her heart and the heart of the man she loved. Back then, he was all hers and she was all his, but now things have changed and he isn’t the same guy she knew.

He happens to be the well-known MMA Heavyweight champion and famous bad boy, Matt ‘The Destroyer’ Reynolds, who once before struggled to help his family pay the bills. Now, he has money flowing with each undefeated win and an insurmountable number of women filling his bed. Everything is perfect for the illustrious fighter, until one day it all changes. In walks the girl from his past, the same girl who promised to stick by him but left and never looked back. 

Their second chance to make things right will not come easy, for when one mistake is made an unwelcome consequence soon follows. Someone out there wants to rip them apart and they won’t stop until Matt and Shelby pay the ultimate price … their love.

My Opinion

After getting Meant for Me off NetGalley and loving it, I just had to buy Fighting for Love. This isn't something I usually do--I think I can count on one hand how may ebooks I go on to buy especially if they are self-published--but L.P Dover's writing is so brilliant I just couldn't resist and the fact that it was set in the MMA world again, well, I was sold on it from that moment on. I would have loved to have the paperbacks on both these books, but I'm going to have to wait until I can afford them, so I settled for the 77p ebook version which was a great deal for such a great read.

I'm so glad I found this author through Netgalley, Meant for Me was the first book I've read by her but Fighting for Love definitely won't be the last. It was crafted beautifully, the story was great and the characters were believable. It wasn't as dark or sinister with a sense of danger like Meant for Me but it was a heartfelt romance that focused on the characters. Matt and Shelby's story was heartbreaking and I did find myself crying--rare for a book to do that so I applaud the author. 

Fighting for Love was a book I couldn't put down. I had to stop at one point due to work but even then I decided this book was more important and picked it back up. L.P Dover has a great style that draws you into her world and the characters' lives. I found the whole thing believable and could engage and relate well with the characters. There was a good amount of pain, love and mystery which all interlinked for an interesting story and I liked how there was a good size cast of characters who all had their own personality. There are characters you love and then there are ones you love to hate and the switch in points of view between Shelby and Matt helped developed the other characters with different perspectives.

Although Shelby's secret was all that secretive because I guessed it from page one, the reaction to its reveal shocked me and tugged at my heartstrings. I loved that this book was able to pull so many emotions from me and make me feel so much that I ended up crying. 

Overall Fighting for Love, although not as dark as Meant for Me it equals it in the love department. It was hot, steamy, emotional and honestly these two books are some of the best romances I've read this year. I haven't had a chance to read book 1 & 2 yet, but their on my list and I can't wait for Cooper and Tyler's stories in the future. I would highly recommend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...