Tuesday 11 March 2014

Review ~ Play With Me (A Grover Beach Team Book) by Anna Katmore

Play With Me (Grover Beach Team, #1)ebook purchased on Amazon for free

Release Date: 6th December 2013

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
Ryan Hunter’s parties are legend. And tonight she’s going to be there. 

Liza Matthews has been in love with her best friend since kindergarten. They’ve done it all, even slept in each other’s bed. But they’ve never kissed. Weeks away from her seventeenth birthday, Liza hopes that soon things would change between them. But when Tony Mitchell comes home after summer soccer camp, his mind is focused on someone else. And worse, that new girl is a soccer player. 

Fighting for her love, Liza gets carried away and makes a stupid decision: Without the least bit of talent or passion for the sport, she opts for the co-ed soccer team. 

The tryouts are hell, the first match ends bloody, and the morning after the selection party she wakes up in the worst place possible—in the arms of the captain of the soccer team. The hottest guy in school. Ryan Hunter.

My Opinion

This was an impulse buy. I saw it for free and though "what the hell, I might as well give it a go." I was looking for romance novellas and this was a sweet read that broke up a the day as I read it for a few hours.

The plot moves at a fast-pace, there are some moments that will put a smile on your face and there are hot guys climbing through windows. OK, that last point may have reminded me of Twilight slightly but it was still enjoyable. 

I'm not really a fan of football (I think that's soccer, I can never remember) and I could rant for hours as to why but this book was surprisingly enjoyable even with that aspect. The football was kept to a minimum and the romance--although instant--was developed nicely. I especially liked the training scene. Some of the comments made me laugh.

Overall, Play With Me was a light-hearted, fast pace and enjoyable read. Definitely one of the better freebies I've read.



=

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...