Tuesday 18 March 2014

Review ~ One Wild Night (Forever Wild #1) by Magan Vernon

One Wild Night (Forever Wild, #1)Bought from Amazon by myself (free)

Release Date: December 5th 2013

Description:
One Wild Night- EPISODE 1 in the first season of the Forever Wild Serial. (This is a six part series with one book releasing every 3 weeks)

One Wild Night Can Change Everything

Valerie Wilder doesn’t do serious relationships. She also doesn’t usually wake up in Vegas next to a male stripper…

A male stripper who happens to be her new husband.

A quickie divorce seems like the answer, but the Nevada legal system doesn’t think so. When her new husband suggests flying back to Chicago with Valerie she accepts, wondering if one night in Vegas could turn into something much more.

My Opinion

This was an OK, quick, easy read. It was playful and fun and I found myself caring about the characters, however it was way too short and ended so abruptly.

I admit I downloaded this on a whim because it was free and although I knew it was a novella in a series, I expected a bit more to be summed up than it was. I'm interested to see how the story plays out but I'm not going to pay for the next five if they are the length of this novella--it didn't even take me half an hour to read which was a shame as I was really getting into the story and was growing to really like how things developed between Wes and 
Valerie.

There were a few moments I didn't find very believable and the fat references/curvy references did become a little too much but the novella is so short you breeze through it before they can really cause too much trouble.

Overall, this has potential, and the concept is intriguing. It's a quick read to sit back with, I just think it had been split up too much and didn't see the need to stop it where the author did. It is a shame as I'd like to know what happened to them, but like I said, I'm not going to pay for five (maybe three I would have but five at this length? Just no) more books which I believed could have been kept as one story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...