Sunday 17 February 2013

Avenger's Angel - Heather Killough-Walden

Description
The first in Heather Killough-Walden's fantastic new paranormal series, the Lost Angels, features Uriel, the Angel of Vengeance Four thousand years ago, four archangels were cast down to Earth in human form. God's favourites, they came to find their mates, the other half of their souls made only for them, without whom they will ever be complete. Uriel, Gabriel, Azrael and Michael, however, were not alone. They were followed by another, determined to find the archesses for himself, and whose power cannot be underestimated. But after centuries of fruitless searching, the archangels -- and their enemy -- have all but given up hope. Until one day beautiful and gifted Eleanore Granger crosses paths with Uriel, the Angel of Vengeance. And as a storm rages, outside forces conspire together, initiating an age old battle of good versus evil to win the first archess.


My Opinion
I really don't know what to make of this book; there were parts I loved and other parts that I really wasn't sure about. I initially bought this book as I am going through an angel faze, however I didn't expect this book to merge with vampires too. I think that is the bit I am least keen on, I wasn't sure it fitted or was needed.

However this book did keep me hooked and was an interesting read. The start engaged me and I liked how the romance between Uriel and Ellie developed. There were funny moments that were balanced well with the serious side. The soul mate thing isn't really a new concept so the main theme in the book wasn't that original but I still found it hard to put down, I guess I'm just a sucker for romance novel. 

I liked how the storyline developed towards the ending, however for me there wasn't enough description which confused me, as up until that point the author had been describing stuff in great amounts of detail that brought the world to life. As the book got closer towards the ending it seemed to get more jumpy and fragmented. It felt slightly rushed and although the final page satisfied me as a reader the build up to it did not. For me that part of the book was quite an anticlimax, it could have developed well if there was more description.

Overall this book is probably one of the ones that has split my opinion the most, hence the confusing review. I loved the romance but the ending felt rushed and the mix of angels and vampires left me questioning whether it was necessary. In the end though I think I mostly enjoyed this book as I wasn't able to put it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...