Sunday 3 February 2013

A Shimmer of Angels (Angel Sight #1) - Lisa M. Basso


A Shimmer of Angels (Angel Sight, #1)
Goodreads Description
Sixteen-year-old Rayna sees angels, and has the medication and weekly therapy sessions to prove it. Now, in remission, Rayna starts fresh at a new school, lands a new job, and desperately tries for normalcy. She ignores signs that she may be slipping into the world she has tried so hard to climb out of. But these days, it’s more than just hallucinations that keep Rayna up at night. Students are dying, and she may be the only one who can stop it. Can she keep her job, her sanity, and her friends from dying at the hands of angels she can't admit to seeing?

Source: Netgalley (ARC)
Published January 29th 2013 by Month9Books, LLC





My Opinion
I really enjoyed this book and it was one I found hard to put down. A Shimmer of Angels was fast paced and full of action. Seriously, there was never a dull moment reading it as something was always happening. I liked the fact that Rayna was the only one who was able to see the angels as it gave a different twist to most angel books I have read. The main POV was human, and it was nice to gain a different perspective in the genre. Also the fact that everyone else thought she was crazy heightened the emotions in the book as you sympathised with her character.

As well as this, although I didn't learn as much about the angels as I would have liked, there was enough information to satisfy my curiosity and it was revealed slowly throughout the book so sustained my interest well. I loved the contrast between the two angels, Kade and Cam and the tension between them was well described and sustained throughout the book to make their relationship believable.

The chapters in this book were pretty short, which made it a nice light and quick read. However sometime I felt that the action maybe happened to quickly and skimmed over a few details, I would have liked to read more about. The book tended to jump rather quickly from scene to scene but overall I enjoyed this book and will be looking forward to the sequel.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...