Saturday 15 November 2014

Review ~ After The End by Amy Plum

After the End (After the End #1)Purchased by myself

Release Date: 6th May 2014

Publisher: HarperTeen

Description:

She’s searching for answers to her past. They’re hunting her to save their future.
World War III has left the world ravaged by nuclear radiation. A lucky few escaped to the Alaskan wilderness. They've survived for the last thirty years by living off the land, being one with nature, and hiding from whoever else might still be out there.

At least, this is what Juneau has been told her entire life.

When Juneau returns from a hunting trip to discover that everyone in her clan has vanished, she sets off to find them. Leaving the boundaries of their land for the very first time, she learns something horrifying: There never was a war. Cities were never destroyed. The world is intact. Everything was a lie.

Now Juneau is adrift in a modern-day world she never knew existed. But while she's trying to find a way to rescue her friends and family, someone else is looking for her. Someone who knows the extraordinary truth about the secrets of her past.

My Opinion

This was a lot different to what I was expecting, and I'm still not sure what genre it falls into. However, I think strangely, the combination of paranormal, sci-fi, suspense, and other aspects worked.

I have seen quite a few interviews where this author has spoken about this book and how she came up with the idea. I really liked that she linked it to an already existing concept Gaia. Although it had paranormal elements, it was convincing and sounded believable like it could be real.


I'm not sure about the characters just yet, and I did feel a few things could have been condensed as at times it did become repetitive. However I liked the dual POVs and how the author kept the chapters short. Things did move quickly most of the time and overall I think this was a good read. I did know the ending before picking up this book and I've seen things about the first so it's not much of a shock, however I'm glad Amy Plum was able to intrigue me with another series and I'll definitely be reading more.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...