Saturday 30 March 2013

Review ~ With All My Soul (Soul Screamers #7) - Rachel Vincent

With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)Copy purchased by myself from Amazon


ISBN: 1848451822

Publisher: Mira Ink
Released: March 26th 2013 

Description
After spending the last year undead, Kaylee Cavanaugh has had enough of the paranormal creatures who have plagued her ever since she came into her banshee powers. Now she's ready to take her school back from the evil hellions, once and forever.

To protect her friends, Kaylee will need to find a way to turn the living incarnations of Avarice, Envy and Vanity against one another.


Yet when one more person close to her is taken, Kaylee realises she can't save everyone she loves without making some powerful sacrifices...



My Opinion

First of all I can't believe this series has come to an end! The first book in this amazing series got me hooked on Vincent's writing and since then I have been eagerly awaiting every book she has released. 


A part of me didn't want to read With All My Soul as I didn't want it to end and I was nervous about how the author would tie everything up. A few of my favourite series ended badly for me and I didn't want to finish this series on a low. The other part of me was jumping around when I received the book in the post though and I couldn't wait to start reading it. It took so much effort for me to restrain myself from flicking ahead to the end (something I have developed a bad habit for) but I'm glad I did refrain from peaking as it was worth the wait.

With All My Soul was definitely not what I expected and it definitely didn't turn out the way I thought it would, it was so much better! It was fast paced, and full of action that was unpredictable and kept me turning the pages from start to finish in one sitting. There were twists everywhere, and I especially loved the ending. I really didn't see that twist coming and it ended so well. It felt like Vincent had thought about the ending and took time in writing it so everything linked faultlessly, made sense and left the reader satisfied with the resolve as it felt like a natural conclusion that was final. For once I didn't come away feeling annoyed by the way a series ended, I am a little sad it's over but it ended so well I more happy and hey that's what re-reads are for!

Kaylee has been a great character throughout the series and I have loved seeing how she developed into a strong and determined female lead that made her own choices. I also loved the romances in this series and everything about the way that ended was great. I haven't liked Nash for the past few books and I didn't when I started reading this one but by the end it had made me love him again and even though I still prefer Tod it was nice to read about the softer side of Nash again.

Overall this is one of my favourite series and Vincent is one of my favourite authors. Her work is original and her writing is brilliant. I would highly recommend Soul Screamers and any of Vincent's other series to all YA, paranormal fans as they are action packed, unpredictable, fast paced and gripping! Now I'm going to be eagerly awaiting for the the release of Oath Bound (Unbound #3).



Soul Screamers
 

Other Series:

Shifters       Unbound

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...