Saturday 18 August 2012

Shift (Shifters #5) - Rachel Vincent

Shift (Shifters, #5)Description
Being the first female werecat enforcer isn't easy. Scars accumulate, but I'm stronger in so many ways.
As for my personal life? It's complicated. Choices worth making always are. Ever since my brother's death and my father's impeachment, it's all I can do to prevent more blood from spilling. Now our Pride is under attack by a flight of vicious thunderbirds. And making peace with our new enemies may be the only way to get the best of our old foe.
With the body count rising and treachery everywhere, my instincts tell me to look before I leap. But sometimes a leap of faith is the only real option.
My Opinion
I am running out of words to describe this series, everything about it is just so good. I love how the characters have developed throughout, especially in this book where you will see Faythe step into an Alpha role even more and the introduction of the Thunderbirds gave the book another dimension that intrigued me more. We have been introduced to Bruins, heard what happened to the wolves and now there is another species adding to the trouble the Pride faces.

I hated how the love triangle developed and felt so sorry for both Marc and Jace at points during reading this but it kept me reading as I wanted to find out what happened to them all. As well as this I loved the fast paced and detailed action. Rachel Vincent has a great style and in both this series and the Unbound series she shocked me, in a good way, with the level of detail she went into about the fights. Everything was so easy to visualise I was immersed in the story and not once did I find myself confused or lost.

I've probably said this in every review for this series but it is a must read and those of you who don't will miss out on such an amazing series! 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sienna,
    Saw the link to your blog in the book blogs group. I'm following you through GFC. I don't see a Twitter button on you site, but if you have a Twitter and want to exchange follows there, just follow me. I'll follow back within 48 hours.
    365 Books A Year
    My Twitter

    I have the first book in the Shifters series- Stray- sitting on my shelf somewhere. Been meaning to try this series. I noticed in the list of your posts, you read them one right after another. Must have been a great series. And I love reading a series from start to finish. Didn't realize the final book had come out.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...