Wednesday 15 August 2012

Prey (Shifters #4) - Rachel Vincent

Prey (Shifters, #4)Description
Sometimes playing cat and mouse is no game...
Play? "Right." My Pride is under fire from all sides, my father's authority is in question and my lover is in exile. Which means I haven't laid eyes on Marc's gorgeous face in months. And with a new mother "and" an I-know-everything teenager under my protection, I don't exactly have time to fantasize about ever seeing him again.
Then our long-awaited reunion is ruined by a vicious ambush by strays. Now our group is under attack, Marc is missing and I will need every bit of skill and smarts to keep my family from being torn apart. Forever.

My Opinion
This series just keeps getting better and better. In this book the emotions get stronger and the storyline becomes more cruel due to what happens to Ethan (which I'm not happy about by the way). In Prey we see the characters evolve more, with Faythe becoming more willing to stay in the pride and fight for her territory. She becomes more focused on the job of finding Marc and ruthless in her search. The encounter with Pete Yarnell (a stray) shocking me quite a bit as you no longer see the squeamish Faythe. As well as this you also see her taking on more responsibility, like looking after Kaci and even though I liked the rebellious Faythe, this change has made her slightly darker and it is exciting to see how far she will take things.

As well as Faythe, Jace also become stronger and more dominant. I wasn't entirely keen on what happens between the two of them but that is because I am a fan of Marc more. He has decided he is Alpha material and with Marc gone he is fighting harder for it. I love the twists in this book and it keeps you hooked all the way through, so I haven't been able to slow down reading this series unluckily.

Overall this series just keeps getting more exciting and enthralling, it is a must read for anyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...