Saturday 11 August 2012

Rogue (Shifters #2) - Rachel Vincent

Rogue (Shifters, #2)Description
Okay, so cats don't always land on their feet.
I know that better than most. Since rejoining the Pride, I've made big decisions and even bigger mistakes: the kind paid for with innocent lives. As the first and only female enforcer, I have plenty to prove to my father, the Pride, and myself. And with murdered toms turning up in our territory, I'm working harder than ever, though I always find the energy for a little after-hours recreation with Marc, my partner both on- and off-duty.
But not all of my mistakes are behind me. We're beginning to suspect that the dead are connected to a rash of missing human women and that they can all be laid at my feet--two or four, take your pick. And one horrible indiscretion may yet cost me more than I can bear...
My Opinion
Wow! The second book in this series definitely equalled the first. It kept me hooked throughout with a fast pace and lots of action. There is a slight change in Faythe as she takes on the role of an enforcer but her rebellious streak is still there at times and the contrast between the two sides of her is really interesting. I also like how her random thoughts (normally a reprimand to herself) are added, and some made me laugh at the witty humour.

Not being as long as Stray I was able to finish this book in a few hours and the cliff hanger it leaves you on made me start reading the third instalment almost instantly. I love how the relationship between Marc and Faythe develops in this book, and unlike romance novels their relationship is unpredictable due to Faythe's unwillingness to settle down. Which only adds to the books excitement, especially when Jace is added to the storyline.

Overall I'm loving this series and can't wait to see how it ends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...