Sunday 19 August 2012

Alpha (Shifters #6) - Rachel Vincent

Alpha (Shifters, #6)Description
The unscrupulous new Council chair has charged Jace, Marc and me with trespassing, kidnapping, murder and treason. Yeah, we've been busy. But now it's time to take justice into our own hands. We must avenge my brother's death and carve out the rot at the heart of the Council.
It's not going to be easy, and loss seems unavoidable, but I have promised to protect my Pride, no matter what. With a target on my back and Marc at my side, I'm heading for a final showdown that can--that will--change everything forever. A showdown I'm not sure I'm ready for.
But life never waits until you're ready.

My Opinion
I didn't want to start reading this book because I knew that as soon as I picked it up I wouldn't be able to stop reading, meaning the series would end much too quickly. However I don't have much will power when it comes to books (especially great ones!) and as soon as I finished Shift I started reading Alpha.

The story picked up from where Shift left off and straight away I was immersed in Faythe's problems and life dramas, making it easy to lose myself in the story straight away. I couldn't put this book down until the end. And even though I was nervous about how Rachel Vincent would end the series (after experiencing more than a few disappointing ends to some other series by different people) I'm glad to say it didn't disappoint me. For once the ending played out the way I wanted it to and I felt good about the it rather than being left with questions. The series ended on a good note and it sums everything up well.

Overall this series was worth the money and time spent reading it. I loved every second of reading the books and I wasn't as sad as I thought I'd be when it ended, as it felt final and ended well. This series is definitely one of my favourites, especially with the amount of action the books contain and I would highly recommend this and any other books by Rachel Vincent!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...