Saturday 4 August 2012

Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls #5) – Ally Carter

Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)Description
The last thing Cammie Morgan remembers is leaving the Gallagher Academy to protect her friends and family from the Circle of Cavan--an ancient terrorist organization that has been hunting her for over a year. But when Cammie wakes up in an alpine convent and discovers that months have passed, she must face the fact that her memory is now a black hole. The only traces left of Cammie's summer vacation are the bruises on her body and the dirt under her nails, and all she wants is to go home.
Once she returns to school, however, Cammie realizes that even the Gallagher Academy now holds more questions than answers. Cammie, her friends, and mysterious spy-guy Zach must face their most difficult challenge yet as they travel to the other side of the world, hoping to piece together the clues that Cammie left behind. It's a race against time. The Circle is hot on their trail and willing stop at nothing to prevent Cammie from remembering what she did last summer.
My Opinion
I had got a bit bored of this series up until now, the plot line of the previous two books didn't really engage me enough but Out of Sight, Out of Time has renewed my interest in the series. I could not put this book down, even when I had to.

This book seemed to have more action and mystery to it than the rest, which was great. The way it was written was really clever, especially the way Ally Carter linked all the clues together to try and help Cammie remember. There was a darker side to Out of Sight, Out of Time and sometimes it really felt like I was inside Cammie's mind, which was quite worrying, but the fact I was able to do this intrigued me more as I sympathised with Cammie.

I love books that deal with darker and grungy story lines and this was the first time in the series I saw this. I felt that the characters (especially Cammie) were no longer girls from a boarding school, trying to learn spy skills. Instead they were having to put the, into use in difficult and frustrating situations that keep you hooked.

Overall I was considering giving upon this series but this book had renewed my interest and I definitely want to know more now, so hopefully the wait won't be too long for book six.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...