Sunday 12 August 2012

Pride (Shifters #3) - Rachel Vincent

Pride (Shifters, #3)Description
I'm on trial for my life. Falsely accused of infecting my human ex-boyfriend--and killing him to cover up the crime. Infecting a human is one of three capital offenses recognized by the Pride--along with murder and disclosure of our existence to a human.
I'm two for three. A goner.
Now we've discovered a rogue stray terrorizing the mountainside, hunting a wild teenage tabbycat. It's up to us to find and stop him before a human discovers us. With my lover Marc's help, I "think" I can protect the vulnerable girl from both the ambitious rogue and the scheming of the territorial council.
"If" I survive my own trial...
My Opinion

First of all I really think I should slow down with my reading as I am definitely not getting my money's worth out of these books when I am reading one or two a day. I started Pride straight after I finished Rogue and finished it in the same day, granted I stayed up past midnight because I couldn't put it down, but that's besides the point...

This book was great and once again Rachel Vincent has me hooked on one of her series with her fantastic writing and engaging story lines. Pride take place mostly off the ranch and evolves around Faythe's tribunal but the story is linked with strays appearing in the surrounding woods. Both of these story lines together helped to sustain my interest as there was always something happening. I loved this book however I did skip or skim read parts due to the amount of detail Vincent went into describing corpses, hunts or killing animals as sometimes it seemed a little excessive at times (and yes I know cats hunting is natural but it's personally not something I enjoy hearing about in great detail).

I wasn't keen on how the book ended but that's due to a personal preference towards a character and hopefully it will get better in the next few books. Other than that this book is great. Once again it leaves you on a terrible cliff hanger that leaves you wanting more and was impossible to put down.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...