Thursday 30 March 2017

Review ~ Ghost (Boston Underworld, #3) by A. Zavarelli

Ghost (Boston Underworld, #3)
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon.

Release Date: August 25th 2016

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
Talia. 
I have always been a bird. Caged by one prison or another when the only thing I ever wanted was to fly away. 
Sold. Beaten. Starved. Drugged. 
Nothing scares me anymore. 
Until him. 
He makes the numbness go away. 
He is hazardous to me. It has nothing to do with his mafia lifestyle, and everything to do with what he offers. 
A gilded prison. 
A retreat from everything that I once knew. The reality I have no desire to return to. 
He thinks he’s caged me, but soon… 
I’m going to fly. 

Alexei. 
I live by a code. The Vory code. 
In this mafiya world, there are traditions. 
Expectations. 
She does not care for these things. She does not care about anything. 
She thinks she has me fooled with her haunted eyes. 
What she can’t know is that I see her better than most. 
She wants to fly. 
But I’m going to clip her wings. 
And make her my wife. 

My Opinion

I picked this up on amazon for free and have had it on my Kindle for at least a few months. Since I read and enjoyed Crow yesterday, I had to dive straight into this.

Ghost follows Alexei and Talia's story. In a way I'm glad I moved on to this without reading book 2 as the couple linked due to Talia's connection with Mack. Of course, I still want Ronan's book, but this order worked for me.

I found this book to be darker than the first. There are more details on the torture, more angst, and more rage. Talia is broken when she Alexei finds her. However, putting her back together again isn't always the first thing on Alexei's mind.

Alexei was an interesting and complex character, and he intrigued me from book one because of his deafness. While I think the author did push the limits sometimes with how well he could lip read--especially when I wasn't completely sure Talia was looking at him, I thought it added an interesting dynamic to the book.

As for the relationship, it was engaging. I wouldn't say there were sparks due to the nature of it. However, I definitely believed in the emotions and growth both characters went through.

Overall, I enjoyed this just as much as the first and will be reading more.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...