Tuesday 28 March 2017

Review ~ Crow (Boston Underworld, #1) by A. Zavarelli

Crow (Boston Underworld, #1)
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon.

Release Date: February 8th 2016

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
An Irish mobster. A missing friend. Two loyalties, ripping me apart. 

I had a plan. 

Get in, get my information, and get out. Easy, right?

Turns out, infiltrating the Irish mafia isn’t exactly what I thought it would be. I just wanted a soldier. Someone I could flirt with to get me in the door. 

That’s when Lachlan Crow noticed me. Problem was, he wasn’t a soldier. No, he was next in line for the throne of the Irish underworld. And he was determined to hate me from the outset. My sob story about needing a job? Yeah, he wasn’t buying that either. 

Too bad for him, I won’t let anyone get in the way of my mission. 

Who cares if we have some kind of crazy chemistry? He’s the worst kind of wrong- and I would never in a million years be with a guy like him. 

Because they took her from me, and I’m going to make them pay.

My Opinion
It's taken me a few weeks to get through this book. I started it after downloading it free from Amazon and them got swamped with ARCs to be read for the end of this month so put it to one side. In fact, I almost didn't go back to it.

Crow started off interesting and then something kind of lost me as the chapters went on. It wasn't getting to the point quick enough for me, which is why I nearly didn't pick it back it again. However, I was tired and didn't feel like starting a new book so I gave it a second chance and this time I couldn't put it down. After the initial slowness it picked up and had me turning pages at a rapid rate. I didn't want to sleep until I'd finished it.

This book got better the more I progressed. Lachlan and Mack grew into their roles, their chemistry developed to an off the chart level, and so did the plot surrounding them. Lachlan was fiercely loyal. It was what I liked most about him, but I also like how Mack challenged him. Despite his position in the syndicate, she wasn't afraid to stand up to him. They worked together and I believed in their relationship and how it developed.


Overall, I'm glad I took a second chance on this book. It turned out to be a great read and I'll definitely be reading more.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...