Saturday 7 January 2017

Review ~ Unpredictable (Key West, #1) by C.A. Harms

Unpredictable (Key West, #1)
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon.

Release Date: April 14th 2015

Publisher: Limitless Publishing LLC

Description:
Have you ever wished for a moment that you could pretend to live the life of someone else? Escape the harsh reality that your own is anything but perfect? 

Quinn Tucker had always been forced to put her own needs last. 

With an absent father and a mother who drowns herself daily in a bottle of Rum, there was no other option. 

Jett Jameson was the distraction Quinn needed, even if it was just for one night. 

A void filler, and a chance for a moment to allow herself to feel something other than emptiness. 

He wasn’t what she expected. 

Gentle. 

Her life didn’t have room for a man like Jett. 

Unpredictable. 

But now it was too late, there was no turning back. 

Desire. 

Nothing would ever be the same…

My Opinion

If I'm honest, this isn't one of my favourites by this author. Usually I really enjoy her work, but for me this one fell a little flat.

The start of this book intrigued me, but the more I read the less engaged I became. I wanted to like it but everything moved too quickly for my liking and so I struggled to connect with the romance. Similarly, I kept expecting more to happen. The story felt like it was building to something bigger than what I got.


Saying that, overall it was a quick easy read. It didn't dig too deep and it isn't a bad book, I've just preferred her other series more.

3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...