Wednesday 17 February 2016

Review ~ Love Surfaced (Love Surfaced #1) by Michelle Lynn

Love Surfaced
ebook purchased by myself.

Release Date: March 30th 2015

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
The equations are simple.

Piper Ashby + Brad Ashby = Twin Siblings
Brad Ashby + Tanner McCain = Best Friends
Piper Ashby + Tanner McCain = Off limits

Tanner and I abided by the rules. We stayed on our designated sides of the relationship circle. 

Ignoring swarming butterflies.
Brushing off skipped heartbeats.
Settling on lingering stares.

Here’s the secret … a hand extended over that invisible line once, exponentially changing the equation. I was convinced we could make our relationship work until Tanner broke the trust he embedded in me from the age of seven. 

One deceit of mega proportions and the relationship we built for that short month vanished. I swore never to speak to him again and it’s worked. Until now—two years later, when my brother’s wedding places me face-to-face with the best man—Tanner McCain. 

Leaving one equation to be solved. Can love surface twice?

My Opinion

So I read this series in the wrong order, which is why this review is coming after Love Rekindled. I did this knowingly since I received an ARC of book 2 and once I'd finished that I needed to go back and buy book 1. It's safe to say I enjoyed Love Surfaced as much as Love Rekindled. 

The characters in this book were just as entertaining to read about. Of course, not all secrets were kept because I'd read book 2, but the author did a great job of holding my interest. I liked Tanner and Piper, and I loved finding out their story which had intrigued me in book 2.

There was only one downside which is why this isn't rated as highly as Love Rekindled, and that was that it did feel a little jumpy and the pacing wasn't as great. The time shift came all of a sudden and personally it felt quite jarring. I wanted the early relationship between Tanner and Piper to have been developed more so that when things hit the fan I felt more emotionally invested. Similarly, Brad's reaction to their relationship disappointed me. Couldn't there have been a little drama?

Overall though, I'm glad I read this book. It was an easy read to get lost in and I'll definitely be reading more by this author.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...