Saturday 5 April 2014

Review ~ Trusting You (Second Chances #2) by L.P. Dover

Trusting YouPaperback purchased by myself

Release Date: October 8th 2013

Description:
I trust you …

These are the three words that Melissa Ashford wishes she could say to someone; to the one person she can fully give herself to and not worry about being betrayed. Being twenty-eight years old and divorced from a cheating ex-husband, Melissa enjoys her freedom … until one night when she finds herself indulging in a one night stand that changes everything.

There’s something about the alluring Brett Walker that has Melissa feeling things she’s never had with any other man. These feelings not only scare her, but push her past her limits as well. Just when she begins to open her soul to this new love, their bond is put to the test by jealousies from the past trying to break them apart. 

It’s not only Melissa’s trust that’s put on the line, but Brett’s as well. Will their love be strong enough to get them through the lies? Will Melissa finally be able to say those three words she’s been dying to say? I trust you …

My Opinion

This author is quickly becoming one of my favourites and I'm so glad I took a chance on Meant for Me on Netgalley. Since then, I bought Fighting for Love as an ebooks and because I loved that one so much I decided to buy the whole series in paperback. I will say that Meant for Me is still my favourite, followed by Fighting for Love but this book did not disappoint.

Although I knew the general storyline from Meant for Me, it didn't stop me from enjoying it. It was nice to read Melissa's story and understand Brett and her romance better. It was also great to read it as it developed.

Trusting You had everything I have come to expect from this author. The romance was brilliant as steamy as usual but what I really like with this author is that she manages to pull emotions from me with every book. I don't know how she does it--well that's not true, it's because her writing is brilliant--but it's rare that every book in a series can connect so well with me when they are standalone. The books are crafted so well and the depth in the characters is great. They are realistic, believable and you can connect with them easily. I love how the relationship developed; it was fast-pace but had everything you want in it and the surrounding story built tension and had me unable to put it down.

I find it hard to say things about a book when they connect with me so emotionally so I'll leave it at that. You really should read these if you like romances. I do prefer the MMA theme in the later books but this was a nice change and still has everything the author does well in it. I would highly recommend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...